Once you’ve qualified you can apply for registration to practise in any of the professions we regulate
If you trained in the UK, and you have completed an approved programme, you may apply for registration through the 'UK approved qualification' route.
If you trained in your profession outside of the United Kingdom and don’t have a UK-approved qualification, you may apply to the Register via one of the International routes. See link below for a full list of routes to registration.
Continuing professional development (CPD)
CPD is a requirement for all registrants. This is how you learn and develop throughout your career, ensuring your skills and knowledge are up to date so that you can practise safely.
We set out standards for CPD that every registrant should meet, to ensure that their activities are effective.
- To meet the CPD standards, you need to:
- Carry out learning activities on a regular basis.
- Carry out different kinds of learning activities.
- Keep a record in the way that is most convenient for you.
- Carry out activities that might improve your practice and benefit your service users.
- Take part in an audit if asked.