Step-by-step guidance on how to renew online
We launched the new online system in October 2020. If you have not yet used the system, then you will need to activate your account before you can access it.
At the start of the renewal window you will receive correspondence from us within 24 hours of the renewal period opening, please do not attempt to renew before receiving this invitation.
Step 1 - Log in to your account
- Once you have received confirmation from us inviting you to renew, open the 'My account' link on our homepage to access the system, or click here.
- Now enter your email and password and click 'Sign in' to proceed.
The email is the address that we have on file for you and the one in which you received your invitation to renew. The password is the one that you set up when activating your account.
You will need to activate your account first, otherwise you will not be able to login. If you have not done this please click here.
If you have forgotten your password, then click the 'Can't access your account?' link and follow the steps to reset it.
- You will now be required to enter a verification code to access your account – you can either have a code sent via SMS to your mobile phone or you can request to be called for authentication.
If you opt for phone call authentication, you will receive an automated call and will be asked to press the pound key (# key) to verify your access
- You will be presented with a notice to confirm your contact details. It is important that your information is up-to-date with us. Check though the information provided and click 'Details Correct' to proceed.
If you need to update any information, choose the 'Change Details' option and update the required section(s). Note that you can also update these at a later date if required.
Common issues when trying to log in
This can be caused by a number of factors. One or more of the changes below should resolve it.
1. Make sure you’ve activated your account before logging in. If this is your first time logging in, or your first time logging in since 2020, you’ll need to go to hcpc-uk.org/activate and complete the steps.
2. Re-activate your account: go to the activation page (hcpc-uk.org/activate), enter the same email address and use the ‘Change email and activate’ button (this can re-trigger the system notifications)
3. Re-activate your account with a new email address: go to the activation page (hcpc-uk.org/activate), enter a new email address and use the ‘Change email and activate’ button
Tried these steps without success?
Contact email@example.com with your registration number, and explain the issue. Please include information about the steps you’ve followed, so that our team knows what has been tried. Ask for details on how to make your readmission payment by bank transfer.
This will mean that you can’t receive your verification code via SMS. You won’t be able to complete your two-factor authentication, so you'll need the number on your account to be updated.
This can only be done by a member of our Registration team. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with full details as soon as possible. We will need your name, address and date of birth to identify you, and your new phone number.
There can be some delays to receiving the verification text message. This can range from one to six hours.
If you've waited six hours without success, contact email@example.com with your registration number, and explain the issue. Please include information about the steps you’ve followed, so that our team knows what has been tried. Ask for details on how to make your readmission payment by bank transfer.
Step 2 - Renew
- Once logged in, you will be presented with your account homepage. From here you will see a notice in red that your profession is in renewal. Click the 'Click here to review' to continue the process to renew.
Note in this section you can also see a notice if you have been selected for CPD. For more information on what this means, and what and how to submit as part of your portfolio, click here.
- On the next screen you'll see our equality monitoring information questions. Please complete these questions and click Submit to move to your professional declaration.
- Tick the boxes to make your declarations. Please answer all the questions within this section.
- If you have not continued to practise then you will need to upload any returners to practice evidence to continue. Through the process, you can click the 'Click here for more information' to get guidance on how to proceed.
- The next four options you will need to confirm that you have:-
A) Continued to meet the HCPC’s Standards of proficiency for the safe and effective practice of my profession
B) Have not had any change relating to your good character
C) Had any change relating to your health which may affect the ability to practice safely and effectively; or
D) Continued to meet the HCPC’s standards for continuing professional development
If you cannot complete any part of the declaration then please get on contact with the Registration department, explaining your circumstances, and they will be able to assist.
- For the next question you need to either confirm that you have a professional indemnity arrangement in place which provides appropriate cover, or that you are not practising at the time of renewal but you understand the requirement to have one in place when you start practising again.
- Next is to tick the box to confirm/declare that the information provided by you is true and accurate.
- In the next part, you will get a payment breakdown of the renewal fee, over the two years. From here you can also select how you will pay for your fee. You can either pay in full (by credit/debit card) or via four instalments, taken every six months.
From here, you can select to continue to pay via an existing direct debit.
If you select to pay the fee in full, then you will be presented with a WorldPay transaction page, where you can a securely pay for your renewal via credit/debit card.
If you would like to add a new direct debit to pay by, you will need to return to the account homepage and click ‘My Details’. Once you have added a new direct debit you can return to the renewal page and complete your renewal declaration and payment option.
- After you have selected a payment method, click 'Submit Renewal' to complete the process.
- Once the payment has been cleared then you will receive confirmation via email to confirm that you have renewed your registration for the next two cycle.
Note that paying the amount in full via credit/debit card can take up to 24 hours to be added to your account. So keep an eye on your email for the confirmation email to come through. For Direct Debit payment options, you will get a confirmation of renewal ‘awaiting payment’ email after submitting.
You will then get a further confirmation of renewal email once the payment has been collected.