Help with checking the register to find a professional
To check the Register you will need to know the profession of the person whose registration you wish to check.
You will also need to know either their surname or their registration number. A registration number has up to six numbers, and starts with two letters, for example PH123456.
To check someone's registration status you will need to:
- Enter their surname or registration number;
- Select their profession from the drop down menu and
- Click on the 'search' button
You will be shown how many results have been matched, with a default of 15 registrants displayed per page. You can choose to display more registrants per page and navigate page numbers using the links under the search results.
The search results will display:
- their name;
- their registration status;
- their registration number; and
- the approximate geographical area in which they work.
Clicking on the name of an individual registrant will display further details about them. This includes their current registration period, modalities and any additional entitlements they have. If you search by registration number you'll jump straight to this view.
Please note that each profession has its own different two-year registration cycle. The dates shown on the Register reflect the beginning and the end of the profession's current registration cycle. The dates on the Register do not indicate how long a registrant has been qualified or practising.
Searching for multiple registrants
If you are an employer you may find our 'multiple registrant search' useful. This facility allows you to check the registration status of up to 100 individuals at once.
Professions we regulate
See the following list of the professions we regulate:-
- Arts therapists
- Biomedical scientists
- Chiropodists / podiatrists
- Clinical scientists
- Hearing aid dispensers
- Occupational therapists
- Operating department practitioners
- Practitioner psychologists
- Prosthetists / orthotists
- Social workers in England
- Speech and language therapists