In this section you’ll be asked for details about your qualification
What you'll be asked
You'll be asked for the name of your programme, its start and end dates and the name of the education provider.
Based on the information you’ve entered, the drop-down list will show the programmes that are approved.
If you can’t see the name of your programme in the drop-down list, this may be because:
- the start and end dates of your programme are incorrect (please check the list of approved programmes to confirm your programme dates),
- it is a ‘historical programme’ (see below), or
- we have not approved your programme (you will not be able to continue your application).
Historical programmes were approved by other regulatory or professional bodies, for which we have taken responsibility. These include the Council for Professions Supplementary to Medicine (CPSM), or the voluntary systems of professional bodies.
If your programme is on the historical programmes list, please select ‘Historical programme’ from the drop down menu. You will then be provided with a field to manually enter the name of your education provider.
Only some (not all) applicants need to do this.
- If you qualified five or more years ago, and have not practised your profession outside the UK since then: you will need to upload a qualification certificate and a return to practice form here.
- If you qualified five or more years ago, and have practised your profession outside the UK since then: you will need to upload a qualification certificate here. In the next section, you’ll need to provide details about where you were practising (see Section 4 - Practice outside of the United Kingdom). We will use this to verify your skills, knowledge and experience.
- If you qualified less than five years ago, you do not need to upload anything here.
If you qualified five or more years ago, we ask that you upload the certificate showing your qualification. You only need to do this if you completed your programme and qualified five or more years ago.
‘Return to practice’ form
If you qualified five or more years ago, we will need to establish that your skills and knowledge now meet our standards.
We ask that you undertake a ‘period of updating’ that ensures you are up to date, then complete our return to practice form to show that you’ve done this.
Please see our website for full information about the return to practice process and what you’ll need to show on the form.
If you qualified five or more years ago and have been practising your profession outside of the UK, you won’t need to provide a return to practice form. Instead, please provide details about where you were practising in the next section. We will use this to verify your skills, knowledge and experience.