We are a regulator of health and care professions in the UK
- Our role is to protect the public.
- By law, people must be registered with us to work in the UK in any of the professions listed here.
- We only register people who meet our standards so that they can practise safely and effectively.
- We check the quality of training courses so that when someone completes one which meets our standards, we can register them.
- We also make sure that someone who has trained outside of the UK has met our standards before we register them.
Page updated on: 25/10/2018