European professionals can sign a declaration to provide temporary and occasional services in the UK, which allows them to practise on a temporary and occasional basis only
This will provide them with a temporary registration number, which is prefixed with TEMP.
If a European professional wishes to practise in the UK on an established basis, they need to apply for registration with us.
If you engage a European professional to provide temporary or occasional services, you need to know what they can and cannot do.
- practise on a temporary or occasional basis only;
- use their home State professional title in a language of that State;
- practise within the scope of their home State profession; and
- either renew their declaration or apply for HCPC registration if they want to practise in the UK for more than one year.
They must not:
- use any protected designated title;
- perform temporary work (such as agency or locum work) where the job title for the post uses one of the designated titles; or
- practise in the UK on an established basis, for example by taking a full-time permanent position.
Get updates relevant for employers of HCPC registrants delivered straight to your inbox
Subscribe to Up to Standard by entering your email address below: