Our online systems only deploy cookies that are strictly necessary for the operation of the sites. Our sites include:
- HCPC Careers
- Online Applications
- Registration 'My Account'
- Education Provider Portal
The following table describes the cookies that we use on our online systems, and their lifetime.
|Used by the antiforgery system.
|Used to identify user sessions. A user session starts when a user browses website for the first time. And ends when the session is closed. Configure authentication can be used to change session expiry time span.
|Stores preview ON/OFF mode used in classic CMS system for website administrators.
|Used in basic form actions to store alert message to be shown on redirection.
|Added automatically by Azure websites and ensures that requests are load balanced between different sites. Doesn't store any of user information. You see either the ARRAffinity or ARRAffinitySameSite cookie depending on your browser.
|Used to maintain the session of a logged in user to avoid repeated sign-in.
|Stores the default language of the user accessing website within a session and across webpages. The cookie is deleted after session closes.
|Critical service cookie to analyze service usage anonymously and aggregated for statistical purpose.
|Stores a value to indicate if the current moment is in daylight saving time.
|Indicates whether a specified date and time falls in the range of daylight saving time.
|Stores the timezonecode field value of CRM timezonedefinition table for the current timezone.
|Stores the timezone difference between UTC and Local browser time.
|Used to identify internal maker sessions when site is in private mode. This cookie isn't dropped once site is made public.
|Used to associate a Client session with an ID Token, and to mitigate replay attacks.
|Used to identify user sessions in external sign in scenarios.
Learn more about who we are, how you can contact us and how we process personal data in our HCPC data protection policy and privacy notice.
Cookie FAQs for our online services
Cookies are required to for our online systems to be functional, with the purpose as described in the table above.
Cookies with the "session" lifetime are only used while the browser is open, and removed after you close the browser.
Cookies can affect your privacy by collecting and storing information about your online behaviour, preferences, and interests.
However, cookies do not store personal information or data that can identify you, such as your name, email address, or other personal details. You can always control how much information you share with websites by managing your cookie preferences by clicking the "Cookie" link at the bottom of every page on our website.
There are different types of cookies depending on their origin, duration, and purpose. Some common types are:
- First-party cookies: These are cookies that are set by the website you are visiting. They can only be accessed by that website.
- Third-party cookies: These are cookies that are set by a different website than the one you are visiting. They can be used by third-party services, such as analytics tools like Google Analytics.
- Session cookies: These are cookies that are deleted when you close your browser. They are used to store temporary information, such as items in your shopping cart or login status.
- Persistent cookies: These are cookies that remain on your browser until they expire or you delete them. They are used to store long-term information, such as your preferences or browsing history.
Still have a question about Cookies?