Council members play a key part in setting strategy and policy for the HCPC and ensuring that public protection is at the heart of everything that we do.
This is your opportunity to join the HCPC at a critical moment for health and care professionals and play a pivotal role in the current and future regulation of the sector, in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic.
We always want to make sure that our Council represents a diverse range of interests, experiences and skills. Therefore, lay members must not be or have been a registrant with the HCPC. Also one of the advertised roles must be appointed to a candidate who lives or works in Northern Ireland.
Other attributes we’re looking for include:
- strategic and collective decision-making skills;
- strong relationship building abilities;
- commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion;
- effective listening and communication skills;
- understanding of transparency, accountability and other HCPC values; and
- accountancy qualification and strong financial experience (desirable for one of the two roles).
Being a Council member is a truly rewarding and fascinating role. The successful applicants will gain a unique opportunity to share their opinions and perspectives on the future of health and care regulation, and help to shape our progress on key issues such as the intelligent use of data, environmental and financial sustainability, equality, diversity and inclusion, professionalism, and workforce.
Chair of HCPC
Applications will close at 9am on Monday 15 August 2022.
Page updated on: 11/07/2022