We are approaching the implementation of our new quality assurance model from September 2021.
We are currently in the final of three pilot cycles. Through pilot activities, we have learned a lot from our stakeholders, which has helped us develop the model and plan rolling out to providers.
It is particularly important that you understand the following:
- The new quality assurance model is fundamentally different to our current approach
- You will engage differently with the HCPC’s Education function from September
- We will continue to approve and monitor programmes that lead to registration
- Your engagement should be less burdensome and more meaningful
- In the scale up period (now until December) we will need some help from you to:
- understand your provision
- plan how we work with you in the most efficient way
Further information about the model can be found on our dedicated web resource.
Timelines and actions
- Continue engaging with existing HCPC processes
- Consider what internal changes are needed to engage with the new model
- Consider who your 'accountable people' (person with overall responsibility for your institution's interactions) might be
- Definition of ‘programme clusters’ (packaging programmes together which are managed together) and accountable people
- New approval process commences
- The major change and annual monitoring processes stop running
- First providers to engage with the portfolio based monitoring exercise identified
- Model fully implemented
Please watch out for further communication with actions needed through the scale-up period.