|Home > Accessibility
> Website accessibility
This website is designed to be as accessible as possible.
Standards and guidelines
To make the website easy to view, we have designed it in accordance with guidelines laid down by the Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) and we strive, wherever possible, to conform to 'Double-A' standards.
Measures we have taken to ensure accessibility include:
• Using meaningful ALT text for all images to provide descriptive text.
• Using descriptive hyperlink text.
• Avoiding the use of frames, which are difficult for special browsers to interpret.
• Using an easy-to-see web colour scheme.
• Using an easier to read non-serif font type, size and colour.
Changing the visual aspects of this site
You can change the way you view any website to suit your needs, from the background colour to the font that is displayed, these options can be changed from within your internet browser.
The settings differ from browser to browser, but most offer some of the following:
• Font size and types – You can change the size of nearly all of the text displayed on a website.
• Colour changes – Some browsers allow you to change many of the colours associated with the text, links and backgrounds.
• Plain text – Many browsers allow you to turn off the ‘style sheets’ associated with the website, allowing you to only view the on-screen text.
Click here to view help and information on browser controls as well as how to change the visual aspects to suit your needs.
To view more detailed information about these options and for step-by-step information on how to change these settings, type the word ‘Accessibility’ into the Help section within your browser toolbar.
Additional links and resources
Adobe Acrobat is required to view and print PDF documents that appear on this website.
Use the link below to download this program for free.
Click here for our links and resources section, which includes more information about accessibility from external sources.
If you have any feedback or experience any problems with our site, please get in contact with the web team and we will do what we can to make the website easier for everyone to access.