If we are satisfied that your education, training and experience meet the HCPC’s standards of proficiency and that you meet the other requirements for registration, we will contact you to complete the registration process by paying the registration fee.
If your application is successful, once you have paid your registration fee, we will:
- put your name on the Register and give you a registration number; and
- send you a registration letter.
The public version of our Register (which is available on our website) shows, by profession:
- your name;
- your registration number;
- the duration of your current registration;
- your approximate geographical area of your practice (town, not full address);
- your registration status; and
- any annotations which apply to you (for example, prescribing rights).
Staying on the Register
Once you have been registered, you will need to renew your registration every two years.
To make sure your name stays on the Register, you must:
- pay your registration renewal fee;
- renew your registration online; and
- if asked to do so, submit your CPD audit information.
We will send you more information about renewing your registration around three months before the end of the registration cycle for your profession.
This information will be sent to you by email. Please ensure that you advise us of any changes to your contact details.