Please read our guidance before starting your online application
Create an account and log in
- Access our onlne application system here
- If it’s your first time there, you’ll need to sign up for an account to access the form. Click the Sign up / Sign in button to do this.
- Once you’ve created an account you can return to your ‘My applications’ page to see a list with details of the applications you’ve created.
Your email address will be the detail we use to communicate with you and to create your online account when you're registered. You’ll need access to it when you renew your registration, pay your fees and complete other actions relating to your registration and CPD.
When signing up, it's is important that you provide an email address to which you have long-term access, rather than one managed by a university or similar institution.
You’ll need to be able to receive automated emails from our system. These will relate to your application as well as your registration.
Some email providers flag these as spam or junk, preventing you from seeing them.
To ensure this doesn’t affect you please add our domain, hcpc-uk.org, to the safe senders list on your email platform.
Creating a new application
- To create a new application, click the ‘New Application’ button.
- You’ll be taken to ‘Before we begin’, the initial page of the application form.
- When you’ve entered the required information on this page, you’ll be able to move to the next page of the form.
Completing the 'Before we begin' page
Select 'International' to apply via the International application route.
If you aren’t sure whether you should select UK or International, please see our guidance:
Please leave this section blank. It will be automatically generated.
If you never before applied for registration or have begun an application for registration but not submitted it, please select no.
Please select yes if you have previously applied for registration with (or are already registered with) one or more of the following:
- The Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- The Health Professions Council (HPC)
- The Council for Professions Supplementary to Medicine (CPSM).
You will be asked to provide your previous application number, if applicable.
If you have one of these statuses, or are making a SMR application, you’ll need to complete a paper application form. Please follow the information hereL
Please tick the boxes to confirm you have done the following:
- Read the application guidance document (these pages)
- Read the Standards of proficiency relevant to your profession
- Read the Standards of conduct, performance and ethics
Some (not all) applicants need to complete this section.
If your profession entails one or more modalities, please complete this section.
- Make sure the profession which you are applying for now is displayed, and click the ‘Add modality’ button to search the list.
- Click ‘Submit’ to add the modality.
If you are a clinical scientist, you will be invited to select your specialism from the drop-down list.