Design a learning session about health and wellbeing for a chance to win a £300 voucher prize.
The 2023 student competition is now closed. Thanks to everyone who submitted an entry. The winner will be announced in November 2023.
To be able to care for your service users, you must take care of yourself. We know our registrants face enormous stress in their role and. it’s important to know that if you are struggling, you’re not alone and support is available.
We invite students who are enrolled in a HCPC approved pre-registration programme to create a learning session for their fellow students, which explores the importance and different ways of maintaining your own health and wellbeing as a health and care professional.
You can enter the competition on your own or in a team of up to six students. Some resources you could use are our:
- Student hub – which provides specific guidance and help for students
- Updated standards of proficiency and related webinars
- Supporting web guidance about health, safety, and wellbeing;
- Guidance on health and character
What we are looking for
A learning session of no more than 30 minutes that explores the importance and different ways of maintaining your own health and wellbeing as a health and care professional.
Your learning session can be in any format (e.g. a narrated presentation, video, quiz, online workshop, or anything interesting and engaging).
You should create a clear plan for your session. This should be detailed enough for us to understand how the session would run, what would be covered and what the three take away messages are. Include any slides, media or other resources you would use in the session.
The winning entry will be awarded a £300 high street voucher and two runner-up entries will be awarded a £150 high street voucher.
The winning and runner-up entries will be published our the HCPC website and shared with HCPC approved programmes as a teaching resource. We will also promote the top entries across our social media channels.
How to enter
Read our full terms and conditions here. This includes how we will assess your submission.
Send your learning session, plan and materials to firstname.lastname@example.org and complete the entry form by 23:59 on Sunday 3 September 2023. Do not include your name(s) or education provider name in any of your session materials, only include this information in the application form and subject line of your email.
We will consider the following when shortlisting and judging your entry:
- Does the entry comply with the terms and conditions for entry?
- Does the entry accurately reflect the competition brief?
- Are all learning materials that are needed to deliver the session included?
- Do the learning resources accurately present HCPC standards and guidance?
- Does the content accurately identify the:
- Principles of maintaining your own health and wellbeing as a health and care professional.
- Updated standards related to maintaining your own health and wellbeing
- importance of maintaining your own health and wellbeing
- Ways/methods of maintaining your own health and wellbeing
- Are the learning objectives clear and met by the session?
- Does the session demonstrate the ability to produce materials that are engaging and creative for students?
If you would like to receive this information in a different format, or require reasonable adjustments to enter, please let us know at email@example.com.
If you have any questions, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Very best of luck with your entry!