Who is the concern about?
We can only investigate concerns about those professionals on the HCPC Register.
- See a full list of the 15 professions that we regulate
- You can check if your professional is registered with us via our online Register
We can’t consider referrals about professionals who are not registered with us.
- Not one of the professions regulated by the HCPC
- Using one of the titles of the professions we do regulate and is not on our online Register (protection of title)
- We can’t consider complaints about organisations
I don't want to raise a concern
There are a number of other organisations who may be able to advise you about your concern.
Patient Advice and Support Services
Scottish Public Services Ombudsman
Organisations who provide support
Action Against Medical Accidents (AvMA)
A charity for patient safety and justice which provides free and confidential advice following a medical accident. They cover both NHS and private healthcare complaint procedures and can advise on referrals to regulatory bodies or legal action.
A charity dedicated to helping everyone make the most out of later life. They provide advice and support to over 60’s.
A voluntary organisation and charity which provides signposting and information for patients (both NHS and private) and supports them navigate the healthcare service.
A charity which provides emotional support to anyone in distress.
A charity for victims and witnesses of crime in England and Wales which provides emotional and practical support.