Skip navigation

Organisations that can provide you with support

You can find information about organisations that can provide you with support below

This is not an exhaustive list and you may find other organisations able to assist online.

Advice and support from other organisations

  • Action Against Medical Accidents (AvMA)
    A charity for patient safety and justice which provides free and confidential advice following a medical accident. They cover both NHS and private healthcare complaint procedures and can advise on referrals to regulatory bodies or legal action.

    Is a charity which helps find pro bono (free) legal assistance from volunteer barristers. They only assist those who are unable to obtain legal aid and cannot afford to pay.
    Telephone: 020 7092 3960 (Monday, Wednesday and Friday between 10:15 AM - 12.45 PM)

    Age UK
    A charity dedicated to helping everyone make the most out of later life. They provide advice and support to over 60’s.

    Alcoholics Anonymous
    Fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.
    Helpline: 0800 9177 650

    British Dyslexia Association (BDA)
    Provide impartial and objective advice and support to dyslexic people and those with whom they come into contact.
    Helpline: 0333 405 4567

    Citizens Advice
    Provide free, independent, confidential and impartial advice to everyone. They provide advice on a range of topics including benefits, work, debt money, consumer rights, family and housing, law and the courts, immigration and health matters.
    The Citizens Advice may be able to connect you to the Free Representation Unit (FRU).

    Dyspraxia UK
    A specialist Occupational Therapy service, focused on supporting people with symptoms of Developmental Coordination Disorder (DCD) which is commonly known as Dyspraxia.
    Telephone: 01223 967897 (Monday - Friday 9am – 5pm)

    Provide advice and support to empower anyone experiencing a mental health problem. Local Minds support people across England and Wales. Their services include supported housing, crisis helplines, drop-in centres, employment and training schemes, counselling and befriending.
    Telephone: 0300 123 3393 Text: 86463

    Patients Association
    A voluntary organisation and charity which provides signposting and information for patients (both NHS and private) and supports them navigate the healthcare service.

    Is the disability equality charity. They provide practical advice and emotional support whenever people need it most. They aim to achieve a society where all disabled people enjoy equality and fairness.
    Telephone: 0808 800 3333 (9am to 5pm weekdays)

    Is a charity aimed at providing emotional support to anyone in emotional distress, struggling to cope, or at risk of suicide throughout the UK and Ireland.
    Telephone: 116 123

    Provide care and emotional support for people with mental health problems. They have a Caller Care service led by professional staff provides ongoing support to help people alleviate a crisis phase or get through difficult circumstances.
    Telephone: 0300 304 7000 (every day 4.30pm – 10.30pm)

    Victim Support
    A charity for victims and witnesses of crime in England and Wales which provides emotional and practical support.

  • Each of the professions regulated by the HCPC has at least one professional body and/or association.

    These organisations do work which may include promoting the profession, representing members, curriculum frameworks, post registration education and training and continuing professional development.

    Whilst these organisations are separate from the HCPC, their role may be complementary to ours.

    Professional bodies

Tudalen wedi'i diweddaru ymlaen: 21/04/2023