We have emphasised the role and importance of leadership at all levels of practice.
We believe in the importance of registrants being autonomous professionals and in displaying leadership without needing to be in a management role.
- 8.6: understand the qualities, behaviours and benefits of leadership
- 8.7: recognise that leadership is a skill all professionals can demonstrate
- 8.8: identify their own leadership qualities, behaviours and approaches, taking into account the importance of equality, diversity and inclusion
- 8.9: demonstrate leadership behaviours appropriate to their practice
Expectations of registrants:
- Leadership is not just about the management or supervision of others, but is an attribute all registrants should demonstrate in their roles
- Leadership will mean different things in different roles and there is no set way to show leadership
- We will be developing online material about leadership, but registrants can also consult their professional body, union or employer for further resources
Watch our #myhcpcstandards webinar on leadership:
Join our #myhcpcstandards webinar
Wednesday 07 June 2023
13.00-13.45Online, via Microsoft Teams
Page updated on: 23/11/2022