||Home > Apply
> Professional references
We ask you to provide us with up to two professional reference forms to support your application. We require at least one professional reference form in order to assess your application.
The professional reference should be given by someone who has been your supervisor/line manager or otherwise responsible for you in a professional capacity. We cannot consider a reference provided by someone who is related to you by birth, marriage or a relationship similar to marriage.
We will consider all forms of reference, whether a simple statement about your time in practice or a more detailed statement about the nature of your practice. You must use the professional reference form(s) and additional sheets as necessary.
We ask you to complete the first section of the professional reference form before you send the form to your referee.
- The professional reference must be completed on a HCPC professional reference form.
- References should be signed no more than six months before the submission of your application.
- Referees may charge a fee for completing your character reference form. Any costs incurred will have to be met by you.
- Referees must confirm their occupation practice or business address, and an email address if possible. All references must be completed by the referee, returned to you and forwarded with your application form to us. They must have the original signature of the referee. We cannot accept faxed, photocopied or emailed copies of reference forms.
- We cannot accept references sent directly to us by your referee.
- Please remember if you provide fraudulent references you may be prosecuted.