||Home > About Us
> Working with stakeholders
> Registrants and representative organisations
Registrants and representative organisations
Communicating with our registrants is essential to the work that we do. It is important that registrants are kept up to date with developments that affect their professional registration. In addition to calling our Registration Department, registrants can:
In addition, each of the professions we regulate has at least one professional body and / or association. These organisations do work that may include promoting the profession, representing members, curriculum frameworks, post-registration education and training, and continuing professional development. Whilst these organisations are separate from the HCPC, their role is often complementary to ours.
We engage with professional organisations through:
- annual meetings with the Chair and Chief Executive;
- inviting them to participate in our consultations and professional liaison groups;
- stakeholder events, for example, the discussion event on the Mid Staffordshire Inquiry report;
- providing copies of our publications for their members;
- providing information on key issues and registration renewal dates; and
- actively promoting HCPC news and updates and placing articles in professional journals and magazines.
You can find contact details for professional bodies and associations on the relevant profession page.
Because many registrants are also members of trade unions, we engage with unions to discuss:
- fitness to practise;
- current policy priorities,
- operational matters; and
- opportunities for collaborative communication.